Our new summer holiday camps provide young cricketers with the opportunity to develop and enhance their game in a fun and enjoyable environment, covering the essential elements of the modern game to ensure the skills and tactics required for any young players to progress, are clearly conveyed.
The camps are designed and run by Eranga Mendis, former Sri Lankan first class player and ECB level 3 coach who has wealth of experience running camps like this for a over decade and he is ably supported by our Kiwi overseas cricket professional Dan Sharples. We have four different courses running per camp to suit all levels and ages with 20 places available for each course
Courses: 8am – 1pm @ Clubhouse, Poplar Road
This course is designed for children 5-7 years old. Ideal for complete beginners, children relatively new to the game or anyone who has been to an ALL STARS cricket programme. The children will mainly focus on fun based skills and game activities to help develop hand eye coordination.
This course is aimed at children aged 8-10 who have a reasonable understanding of the basics of cricket. Players will focus on developing their basic skills and will play regular matches using incredi-balls. They are encouraged to bring a bat, gloves and box.
These courses are ideal for players aged 11-12 who are developing the tactical side of the game. The entire course is match based with juniors expected to play a mix of 2 day test matches, one-day limited overs and 20/20 matches using hard balls. In between the matches there will be the opportunity to use the net facilities to practice and receive smaller group coaching. Full cricket equipment suggested.
These courses are designed to give specialist professional coaching for more able cricketers aged between 13-16. The entire course is match based practice but players have a choice of what format to play. In between the matches net facilities and bowling machines are available to use and players will receive small group coaching covering strategies and approach.
- The children are advised to bring a packed lunch and drinks with them every day. No nuts!
- Please make sure your child has a full water bottle as well as lunchtime drinks.
- Sun cream should be applied if it’s hot and children should bring a hat with them.
- In the event of bad weather, entertainment we will be provided so we would still strongly recommend children attend the course. You are of course welcome to keep your child at home, however NO REFUND will be given.
- There is no dress code however many of the children wear whites. If your child is not coming in whites please make sure they are dressed comfortably and according to the weather and wearing trainers.
- Lost property will be handed back each day with the final opportunity to pick it up on the last day so please ensure that your child comes home with everything they took to the course!
Coach & Organiser
|Full course price ||£117 ( normally £130 until June 30th)|
|Or choose specific days|